Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 14 - Trail Run

Trail Run

*2.12 miles


Night Time:
- 125 Crunches
- Stretch


*This was another attempt at a 5k trail run. However, I picked the North Shore Trail on the north side of the James River and I was not expecting the hills and the 100% humidity. I don't know what the deal is but I am having a hard time with these runs. It could be my weight gain due to the weight lifting or the condition of my trail shoes (had them over a year and have probably put several hundred miles on them). I do know one thing, my leg strength is not up to par for these runs. Am I ready for the 5-10 mile trail runs I thought I would be able to do at this point? Absolutely not! I do know that this week I will be concentrating on leg strength in the weight room. I am still disappointed though.

Looking down the trail

The North Shore Trail and what it looks like on the sign (joins with the Buttermilk Trail)




No comments:

Post a Comment